Friday, October 30, 2015

Bobbi's Seven Dragons Mosaic completed October 2015

This is a piece that I have been working on for a number of years.  It is called “Bobbi’s Seven Dragons”.  The first image is the piece before it has been grouted.  The second is the post grout in the afternoon sunlight.  The third and forth photos are of the detail without light shining through (while grout is still wet)  of the turtle in the lower left corner and the rat in the lower right.  Other elements that are easier to discern without light coming through are a spider on a web, a dragonfly, a bee, a pelican, a stylized pre-columbian lion/puma and the back of my body as I sit zazen.  I used auto glass, art glass, tile, broken crystal, tile, river stone and an ocean blue grout.

I’m very happy with how it turned out.  


No comments: