Tricycle Magazine has designed a clever and supportive way for us to practice the traditional 90 day meditation period practiced at many a zen monastery. The guidelines are listed below. Easy to follow and of course the time to begin is "now". So perfect to re-energize a practice in early spring 2009.
• Sit in formal meditation for 20 minutes each day.
• Listen to one dharma talk each week on tricycle.com.
• Study Dogen’s Genjokoan, the text selected for the period.
• Commit to the sixteen bodhisattva precepts.
• Practice with others at tricycle.com or at a local meditation center.
• Begin when you like. Tricycle’s staff will begin February 23.
Join by going to Tricycle. Please won't you be my bodhi-compatriot?